Loss or Damage to Books
- If the books borrowed from the Library by a borrower are not returned after the notice, the sum equal to the value of the books in question or higher than that as determined by the Librarian, if those happen to be either out of print or unprocurable shall be deducted from the amount deposited by the member.
- A book lost or damaged in any way by a borrower shall have to be paid for him/her. If a book is not paid for or returned after a due noticed is served if may be replaced at his/her cost. If it is not procurable from the market the Library is empowered to forfeit his/her entire deposit and the borrower may be debarred from use of the Library.
- The amount deducted from a borrower’s deposit money shall ordinarily be utilized in replacing the lost book unless it was decided not to do so, in view of fact. That the book was either not available in the market or a duplicate copy was already in the possession of the Library. In the latter case the amount recovered from the borrower of the book shall be credited to the Municipal treasury as departmental receipt.
- In the case where value of books exceeds the deposit amount, the borrower shall pay the excess amount.
- In case of his failure to do so, the amount will be recovered from the person who has recommended him/her for being enrolled as a mother.