The Municipality formerly known as ‘Câmara Municipal de Bardez’ (or CMB during the erstwhile Portuguese regime) began its full -fledged functioning from 1842, following the enactment of the Administrative Code in 1836. The building was later constructed in 1854, and the offices of the ‘Administrator das Comunidades’ and ‘Câmara Agrária’ were located in this building.
The Athaide Municipal Library, which still draws a lot of people specially to read newspapers and magazines in the evenings, is located in the building. This institution then, too. possessed a number of valuable publications. It was established back in 1883.
Initially, the CMB controlled Mapusa and all other villages in Bardez...Read more...
Shri. Francis D'souza
Minister for Urban Development
Shri. Clen Madeira
Chief Officer, Mapusa Municipal Council
Shri Rohan Kavlekar
Chairperson, Mapusa Municipal Council